Plaques with Raised (Tactile) Numbers and Letters with "Floor" and "Stairwell" Printed Onto the Sign assembled to meet your specifications. Most frequently they are used for floor numbering or floor and stairwell identification as required under the local building/fire code. Floor and Stairwell Idenification markers are tactile (raised letters/numbers) signs are used to identify the Floors within Stairwells as per the local building codes.
- "Floor" and "Stairwell" is 0.45" printed in Black or White depending on the base material selected.
- The raised (tactile) letter or number is plastic with a bevelled edge and is approximately 2.75"H (69.9 mm) x 0.04"D (1 mm).
- Each sign is made with your choice of number/letter combination with our many in-stock numbers and letters. Call or email Customer Service for more details if you have other special requirements.
- The base is nominally:
- Width: 4" (102mm) - 6" (152 mm) depending on the number of characters selected.
- Height: 8"(203mm)
- Depth: 0.12" (3mm) for Weather Resistant Black Plastic, and 0.08" (2mm) otherwise.
- All signs are equipped with strong double-sided tape for ease of installation. particularly in stairwells.
- When ordering online indicate your specific requirements in the space provided.
The material options include:
- Photoluminescent Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Brushed Silver Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Weather Resistant White Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Weather Resistant Black Plastic with White Letters and Numbers
As these signs are custom assembled to meet your specifications, returns are not accepted.
These signs meet the requirements for OBC 188.8.131.52.:
- NUMBERS (Arabic) indicating the assigned floor number and
- UPPER CASE LETTERS indicating the designation assigned to each exit stair shaft shall:
(a) be mounted permanently on each side of doors to exit stair shafts,
(b) be not less than 60 mm high, raised approximately 0.7 mm above the surface
(c) be located 1 500 mm from the finished floor, and
(d) be contrasting in colour with the surface to which they are applied.