This unique and patented device Stopper II® with Horn and Clear Spacer, Fire Label (STI-1130) has been helping stop false fire alarms around the world for more than 40 years, without restricting legitimate alarms. It offers excellent protection against physical damage (both accidental and intentional), dust and grime as well as severe environments inside and out. It is ideal for schools, colleges, hospitals, nursing homes, stores, hotels, and public buildings of almost every kind where there is a threat of false fire alarms.
This pull station cover consists of a clear, tamperproof, super tough polycarbonate shield and frame that fits over manual pull stations, and includes a 2" spacer. When lifted to gain access to the actual alarm, it sounds like a piercing self-contained 95 dB or 105 dB warning horn (at one foot). Immediate attention is drawn to the area and a prankster will either run or be caught. The cover is connected to the frame by a cable. When the cover is lifted, it drops off of the frame and a horn will sound. The alarm will sound until the cover is snapped back onto the frame or for the life of the battery.
- Three year manufacturer's guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components). .
- Can be used as a guard against physical damage to a manual pull station.
- Cover is UV stabilized against sun deterioration.
- Horn has choice of 95 dB or 105 dB at one foot.
- Units have "In Case of Fire..." label.
- Polycarbonate tested to -40°F (-40°C) to 120°F (49°C).
- Power source is 9 VDC alkaline battery.
- Fits virtually all manual pull stations indoors.
- Includes Spacer which adds 2" extra depth to pull station cover.
- 10.2"H x 7.2"W x 3.2" (without spacer installed), 5.2"D (with spacer installed)