These accessible signs consist of Braille and Raised (Tactile) Numbers and Letters on a Plaque Assembled to Meet Your Specifications. They are used for floor numbering or floor and stairwell identification as required under the local building/fire code. Floor and Stairwell Idenification markers are tactile (raised letters/numbers) signs that are used to identify the floors within Stairwells as per the local building codes.
They meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all Canadian provincial and National accessibility requirements, such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and the Accessible British Columbia Act (ABCA).
- The raised (tactile) letter or number is plastic with a bevelled edge and is approximately 2.75"H (69.9 mm) x 0.04"D (1 mm).
- Each sign is made with your choice of number/letter combination with our many in-stock numbers, letters and circles. Call for mor details if you have other special requirements.
- The base is:
- 6-8" Wide depending on the quantity of numbers or letters required.
- 11-13" High depending on the circle required.
- 3mm Depth for Black Plastic, 2mm Depth otherwise
- All signs are equipped with strong double-sided tape for ease of installation. particularly in stairwells.
- When ordering online indicate your specific requirements in the space provided.
The material options include:
- Photoluminescent Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Brushed Silver Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Weather Resistant White Plastic with Black Letters and Numbers
- Weather Resistant Black Plastic with White Letters and Numbers
As these signs are custom assembled to meet your specifications, returns are not accepted.
This sign meets the requirements for the City of Ottawa.
This sign meets the requirements of OBC 220.127.116.11.:
- NUMBERS (Arabic) indicating the assigned floor number and
- UPPER CASE LETTERS indicating the designation assigned to each exit stair shaft shall:
(a) be mounted permanently on each side of doors to exit stair shafts,
(b) be not less than 60 mm high, raised approximately 0.7 mm above the surface
(c) be located 1 500 mm from the finished floor, and
(d) be contrasting in colour with the surface to which they are applied.