Custom Building Signage
Building Custom Signage
Delivering excellence and cost-effective solutions to meet your needs
We have been developing an extensive range of signage for over 30 years. Our signage is backed by our substantial knowledge of regional and national building and fire codes as well as substantial knowledge of design, printing and production. It’s this knowledge that is the basis for our custom design services.
Our comprehensive custom signage services cover all aspects of your building needs. We are able to create a complete set of signage for your building through our building-in-a-box approach. We can are skilled at finding the perfect balance between creating high-end, artistic and functional signage.
Our talented design and production team can create signage in a variety of styles, materials, colour options, and font choices, giving you the ability to equip your building with signage that is fitted perfectly to your building’s look and feel while remaining compliant.
Our building-in-a-box approach ensures that:
- Your compliance needs are covered by our breadth of product and service offerings
- We provide a customized all-in-one solution for your unique needs while being supported with knowledgeable and friendly customer service at every step of your journey
Whether you are looking for a smaller update like updating the unit numbers in the hallways of your building, or a larger project, like equipping an entire property with a complete set of signage, we can manage projects of any scale, sourcing materials and creating artistic designs to suit the look and feel of your building.
Who Do We Work With
We work with construction companies, architects, contractors, individual buildings and more to manage your project and bring it to life. We work with your floor plans to determine:
- What kind of signage you require
- The best place to mount your signage
- Sign features based on indoor/outdoor environments & mounting
We specialize in creating signage that meets the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all Canadian National and Provincial accessibility requirements, such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and the Accessible British Columbia Act (ABCA).
Over the years we have accumulated extensive knowledge about stairwell sign regulations in multiple jurisdictions where regulations may vary. We can provide you with comprehensive guidance as to how to be compliant with your signage in terms of sizing and type font for the letters, the correct Braille requirements (ie compressed, uncompressed and correct dot sizes and positioning), sign dimensions, sign placement, material and colour options. We’ve also gained extensive experience with printing braille on different material options to ensure you have flexible options concerning the material(s) you use for your signage.
How It Works
Identify your need by considering the following questions:
- Is this custom design part of a suite of signage that you will need?
- Who would you like us to work with (e.g. architect, construction company, yourself etc.)?
- Do you have floor plans or shop drawings for us to reference?
- Would you like to include branding elements? This could include a logo, your company’s name, branding design assets etc.
- What material(s) would you like to use?
- What wording do you require?
- Does your sign require universal graphics i.e. no parking symbol, or custom graphics?
- Does Safety Media have a sign design that can be used as reference for your new signage?
- Do you require any add-ons such as anti-graffiti?
- Reach out to us via phone or email. Our knowledgeable customer service staff will be able to assist you with the custom order process and work with you to identify and meet your design needs by outlining our capabilities. We’ll also provide you with a quote.
- We will provide the details of your custom order to our design team so that they can draft a proof for you. This proof contains a drawing of your design as well as the specifics of your order. You will be able to give us feedback on this design and we can make any necessary changes.
- Once we’ve confirmed the style elements of the design through a proof, we’ll develop detailed shop drawings to ensure we are meeting all necessary technical specifications for your order
- We use state-of-the-art equipment to create your custom order in-house. Our printers can print on a variety of different materials such as plastic, vinyl, acrylic and aluminum. We also have cutting and assembly equipment that allows us to create any internal or external sign that your building needs.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us via phone, email or web chat.
We are committed to providing you with cost-effective & hassle-free solutions with: